Like many others, music is a significant part of my existence. The never ending soundtrack marks every major event that I can remember, and these sounds accompany me on my daily journeys.
Hootie and the Blowfish’s “Hold my Hand” accompanied me as I left the hospital parking lot in early morning after the birth of my son. U2 spilled out of Billy Down’s room into the foyer as I entered the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house for the first time. Randy Travis’ “Forever and Ever Amen” enveloped Trisha and I as we danced for the first time as husband and wife during our wedding reception.
Some memories are not so grand; As shared on twitter during a morning drive from Frankfurt to Munich, roaring down the A3 (Autobahn) at a steady 125mph while listening to Boston’s “More than a Feeling” (a favorite of my deceased father).
I expect that you know what I’m talking about, so let me share some additional examples to give you an idea of what I listen to
- When I’m working in the office – Ramones, The Misfits, The Damned, Buzzcocks – 70’s Punk Playlist
- When I’m playing Witcher III or World of Warcraft – DnD Fantasy RPG Playlist
- When I’m in a Nostalgic mood – MHS Make Out
- When I’m feeling mellow – Natural Mysitc Bob Marley
- After a rewarding work week – Hair Metal Playlist
- Whenever – any live Grateful Dead recording
There is one playlist that I tend to use most often, generally when I’m heading into work in the early morning, or when I’m prepping for a key meeting… it gets the blood flowing, stirs my inner demon, and puts me in the right frame of mind
Give it a listen and share what you listen to: Alfa’s music to get your RAGE on
Until next time, be intentional.